HIIT is a form of interval training.
- Intervals develop aerobic capacity better then aerobic training.(1)
- The fastest way to raise VO2@ max, the standard measure of aerobic fitness, is through interval training.(1, 2)
- Work to rest- uses a set time for work and a set time for rest
- Easier then interval work, and interval training is hard.
- Slow steady jogging or walking for long periods of time ( aerobic) is all they know.
- Aerobic training helps beginners.
- If you are going to or want to do aerobic sports; 5k's, 10k's, half and full marathons.
- The reality is that conventional aerobic training is only good to get a person fit enough to tolerate interval training (2)